Grandscape, one of the largest and most unique mixed-use real estate developments in the country, is being developed in The Colony, which is ranked in the Top 70 Cities to Live byMoney Magazine (2011). The premier location is in the heart of the affluent and rapidly growing North Texas region. It is 15 minutes from DFW Airport, 25 minutes to downtown Dallas, and 35 minutes to The Ballpark in Arlington and to Cowboy Stadium. The Colony is home to 37,653 people and a median household income of $76,497.
Grandscape is developed by Nebraska Furniture Mart Inc., a Berkshire Hathaway company, and affiliates.
Nebraska Furniture Mart is the largest single-volume shopping destination for furniture, flooring, appliances and electronics in the United States. Based in Omaha, Nebraska, they have stores in Omaha; Kansas City, Kansas; Des Moines, Iowa; and – soon – in Texas. Their Internet site –www.nfm.com – is among internet® Retailer’s top 500 e-retailers based on annual online revenues.
- 90 acres
- 560,000 square foot retail showroom
- 1.3 million square foot distribution center, nearly
18 football fields
- 100 aisles in the distribution center, equaling 6.5 miles
- Opening 2015
- 2,000 employees
- 4,900 parking stalls
- 8-10 million visitors projected annually
- September 25, 2012 groundbreaking
- They will be attracting the biggest, boldest and brightest names in retail, starting with Nebraska Furniture Mart of Texas, a retail powerhouse that by itself will attract a projected 8 million shoppers a year.
The grand plans for Grandscape include more than just one-of-a-kind retail:
- Convention center hotel and spa
- Unique restaurants
- An outdoor amphitheater
- And more.
I’ve be excited about this for some time now and there was a reason why. If you want more details and want to be on my mailing list for new info, email me at chris@OHLIGgroup.com
If you or someone you know are planning to move to The Colony, visit www.MovingToTheColony.com
To find homes for sale or lease, visit my site at www.OHLIGgroup.com or contact me 972-800-7844
-Christopher Ohlig, REALTOR/Broker